The Florida State University Historical Photograph Collection is a large and diverse array of visual materials ranging from the late-19th to the 21st century. Formats represented include black and white and color photographic prints; 35mm, 120mm, and 4x5 acetate negatives; and other various kinds of small photographic ephemera including postcards, leaflets, and promotional materials. The bulk of this collection was produced by an official Florida State University entity or department with the express purpose of publication, dissemination, or otherwise public-facing service for the University. The majority of photographs pertain to specific academic departments, student clubs and activities, athletics organizations, and faculty and staff. The collection mostly covers the 20th century, encompassing the formation and existence of Florida State College for Women (FSCW, 1905 - 1947) to the creation and growth of Florida State University (1947 – Present). There are also some materials related to West Florida Seminary (1884-1901) and Florida State College (1901-1905). Date ranges for specific folders have been provided where appropriate and applicable.