17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents
Online Copies Available
Select materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
The 17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents consists of letters, documents, and various forms of correspondence relating to notable names and celebrities from between 1618 and 1981.
- Creation: 1664-1976
Language of Materials
English , French , Italian .
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
2 Linear Feet
Method of Acquisition
Acquisition information is found with each individual folder description.
This collection was created from many single item collections in Fall-Winter 2014-5.
- Library of Napoleon (Organization)
- University of Oxford (Organization)
- Florida State University Libraries (Organization)
- Church of England. (Organization)
- Alexander, George, Sir, 1858-1918 (Person)
- Fabian, W. B. (Person)
- Appleton, Nathan, 1843-1906 (Person)
- Onslow, George Onslow, Earl of, 1731-1814 (Person)
Genre / Form
- American literature
- Anatomy, Comparative
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861
- Authors, American
- Authors, English
- Authors, Scottish
- Castles England
- Church correspondence.
- Church of England--History.
- Church records and registers.
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865
- Contemporary Florida, 1960-
- Coronations--Great Britain.
- Customhouses--Florida--Saint Marks
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913
- English newspapers
- Florida--Politics and government
- Forests and forestry--Great Britain
- Great Britain--History, Military--19th century
- Great Britain--History--18th century
- Great Britain--Politics and government--1660-1714.
- Great Britain--Politics and government--19th century
- Illustrators--United States.
- Influenza--Great Britain--19th century
- Influenza--United States--19th century
- International relations.
- Ireland--History--Rebellion of 1798.
- Journalists--Great Britain--20th century
- Kent (England)--History
- Legislators--United States.
- Letters--18th century--Collections--Archives
- Libel and slander--England.
- Manuscripts--18th century--Collections--Archival resources.
- Medicine--History--19th century
- Merchants--England--Warwick--18th century
- Merton College.
- Novelists--20th century
- Physicists--Great Britain--Biography.
- Poets laureate
- Poets, American--19th century
- Poets, American--20th century
- Publishers and publishing.
- Revolutionaries Russia
- Romanies--Great Britain.
- Scholars--Great Britain.
- Smallpox--England--Coventry--18th century
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History
- Territorial Florida, 1821-1845
- The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960
- Tobacco industry--Florida.
- Women authors, English--19th century
- World War I, 1914-1918--Florida
- 17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents MSS 1948-003
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in: English, Latin script.
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
Tallahassee FL 32306 US