Abraham Kurkindolle Allison Estate Testamentary
Scope and Contents
A testamentary dated July 17, 1893, signed by Paul Thompson, County Judge, Gadsden County. The document appoints C.E.L. Allison and Elizabeth S. Allison as Executor and Executrix of Abraham Kurkindolle Allison's estate.
- Creation: Majority of material found in July 17, 1893
- Allison, Abraham Kurkindolle (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Abraham Kurkindolle Allison was born in Georgia on December 10, 1810 but settled in Appalachicola and became that city's mayor before moving to Quincy. He served as a member of the territorial legislature and later in the state legislature, becoming the president of the state senate in 1865. As president of the senate, he became (acting) Sixth Governor of Florida (April 1, 1865-May 19, 1865) after John Milton's suicide on April 1, 1865. The Union military commander, General McCook, did not recognize Allison's governorship; martial law was proclaimed in Florida on May 24, 1865, and Allison was imprisoned. He died in Quincy in 1893.
0 Linear Feet
Method of Acquisition
Given by Mary L. Blackman.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed March 3, 1978.
Genre / Form
- Abraham Kurkindolle Allison Estate Testamentary MSS 1978-033
- Adrienne Serra
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in: English, Latin script.
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
Tallahassee FL 32306 US