Alachua, Gadsden and Leon Counties Civil War papers
Scope and Contents
These photocopies of Civil War papers include a letter from Bird B. Wright of Shepherdstown in Jefferson County, Virginia to his wife Amy R. Wright of Quincy Florida in Gadsden County. The letter dated September 21, 1862, informs her that he has been badly wounded while in combat near Sharpsburg, Maryland and gives instructions how to get to the place where he is and tells her that she or his brother should come to see him. Among other things, he tells her that his Captain was killed the same day he was wounded. Also included is a Certificate of Parole, Waldo, Alachua County, Florida, dated May 20, 1865 to J. A. Tompkins...Private of Co. B. 2nd Regiment, Florida Calvary, and a transmittal letter with further details by Weston Taylor of Tallahassee, Florida to "Mrs. Frost."
Also known as MSS 0-60
- Date acquired: 05/10/1967
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
0 Linear Feet
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Effie M. Scott
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed August, 1967.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Photocopying. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers--Florida. Subject Source: Local sources
- Soldiers--Virginia. Subject Source: Local sources
- Taylor, Weston
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wright, Bird B.
- Alachua, Gadsden and Leon Counties Civil War papers MSS 1967-060
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in: English, Latin script.
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
Tallahassee FL 32306 US