Campbell Stadium Fund records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials related to the Doak S. Campbell Stadium at Florida State University. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence and deposit records concerning financing of the stadium. There is also a ledger book and lists of stadium certificate holders which were purchased to finance the stadium.
- Majority of material found in 1950
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
Florida State University first began playing football at Centennial Field during their inaugural 1947 season. The Doak S. Campbell Stadium opened on October 7, 1950, with a seating capacity of 15,000. In 1954, the stadium grew to a capacity of 19,000. Six thousand more seats were added in 1961. During Bill Peterson's era, it was expanded to 40,500 seats. Between 1978 and 1982 there were three more additions. By 2002, the limit had grown to 82,000 seats.
117.00 items (2 Folders)
Processed September 1992
- Florida State Seminoles (Football team)
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Football stadiums Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Football. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Campbell Stadium Fund records MSS 92-8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
Tallahassee FL 32306 US