Frances and Lamar "Duke" Campbell collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a Pre-World War II photograph album of Shanghai, a photograph album of construction of the base and social life on Samar, Philippines, cruise books from 1958 and 1959 commemorative cruises of the USS Stribling, commissioned in 1945. The collection also contains a Fall 1957 Oak Leaf yearbook of the US Navy Supply Corps School, Athens, GA, with biographies of students from former German and Japanese World War II navies as well as American students. A 1963 cruise book commemorates the USS Yancey, commissioned in 1944. Also included is a U.S. Navy alpaca lined coat, white navy dress pants and jacket, white navy hat, two brand new green fatigue pants, a new green fatigue shirt, and three navy dress blue pants.
- Date acquired: 12/11/2015
- Campbell, Lamar "Duke" (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish, exhibit, or broadcast works from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience must be requested and granted in writing by the director of the Institute. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Institute on World War II as the owner of the physical items and the copyright holder. Possession of a copy of an item does not constitute permission to publish, exhibit, or broadcast it. The Institute on World War II and the Human Experience reserves the right to refuse permission to individuals and publishers who have not complied with its policies. Permission fees must be paid before images are provided. Please contact the director of the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience for current publication and duplication rates.
Biographical / Historical
Frances and Lamar "Duke" Campbell were a married couple. The couple had two daughters Kittye Norris and Faye Westfall.
1 items (USN Alpaca lined winter coat)
This collection was gifted by Kittye Norris and Faye Westfall, the Campbells' daughters. The collection was acquired by the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience on December 11, 2015.
Source of Acquisition
Kittye Norris and Faye Westfall.
- United States. Navy--Cruise books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Navy--History--20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Navy--Uniforms Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Navy--Uniforms--History--20th century Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945--Naval operations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frances and Lamar "Duke" Campbell collection 02.15.0042
- Mallory McGovern
- June 4, 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is written in: English, Latin script.
Part of the Institute on WWII and the Human Experience Repository
Tallahassee FL 32306 US