Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 2553
Correspondence. This collection is comprised of various groups of letters about Florida, dating between 1837 and 1891 most of which deal primarily with land issues.
This collection relates to the 385th Bombardment Group, Heavy, that was stationed at Station 155, Great Ashfield, Suffolk, England during World War II. The collection includes a publication which documents the group's history during the war.
"A Century of Tallahassee Girls: As Viewed from the Leaves of their Diaries," collected and compiled by Clara R. Hayden.
Original typewritten manuscript and galley proofs of Leon Odell Griffith's A Long Time Since Morning. The typewritten manuscript included handwritten edits, is unbound, and has some documentation from the publisher, Random House. The galley proofs are also unbound with handwritten edits and are stored folded. They are dated March 18, 1954.
Records of the American Association of University Women, Florida Division, including publications, reports, press clippings, directories, convention records, and Board of Directors records.
Online Copies Available
Born-digital materials from this collection are available through the FSU Digital Library.
This collection refers to Zelma D. Abarbanel, who served as a Technician Fourth Grade with the WAC Second Detachment during World War II. Abarbanel worked as a stenographer and assistant for the Infantry School at Fort Benning, Georgia, in the Office of Weapons. The collection includes a transcript of an oral history interview, one letter, the military records of both Abarbanel and her husband, Milton Goldman Abarbanel, and several photographs depicting Abarbanel's life as a WAC.
A testamentary dated July 17, 1893, signed by Paul Thompson, County Judge, Gadsden County. The document appoints C.E.L. Allison and Elizabeth S. Allison as Executor and Executrix of Abraham Kurkindolle Allison's estate.
Record Group consists of documents, photographs, and ephemera regarding the development and organization of Academic Affairs, 1993 - current. The record group consists of 4 series, Colleges, Departments, Distance Learning, and Commencement. The series Departments includes the records of the Provost Office.
The Academic Mace Sketch is a revised drawing of the Florida State University academic mace used during formal academic related processions.
Account Book (possibly a store account book) Feb. to Nov. 1872.
This collection relates to Donald and Portia Ackerman. Donald Ackerman served as a pilot on B-24 bombers with the 44th Bomb Squadron, 506th Bombardment Group, in the European Theater of Operations during World War II. He continued to serve in the U.S. Air Force for 20 years and served during the Korean War.This collection contains an oral history transcript, artifacts, audio tapes, documents, letters, maps, pamphlets, and photographs relating to Donald and Portia Ackerman.
While the Adams Brothers Store Ledger covers only a brief period of the existence of this business (1898-1899), it documents the operations of a late 19th and early 20th Century mercantile store in north Florida. It is significant to researchers studying North Florida's economic history during this period.
This collection relates to James Adams who served as an infantryman with the 26th "Yankee" Division and later the 87th Infantry regiment, part of General George Patton's 3rd Army. The collection contains letters and postcards from James Adams to family, mostly his mother.
Research materials and correspondence used by FSU faculty member Adeline W. WIlkes in writing biographical materials about Dr. Doris Clack.
Record Group consists of documents regarding Administration and Finance, 1993 - current. The record group consists of 2 series, Adminstration and Finance. Each series is arranged alphabetically by subject and chronologically therein.
Record Group consists of documents, photographs, and ephemera regarding Advancement and Communications & Marketing, 1997 - current. The record group consists of 2 series, Promotion & Event Materials and Departments. Each series is arranged alphabetically by subject and chronologically therein. Large, oversized materials are at the end of each series.
Two prints of Walt Whitman advertisements from 1889 and 1855.
Collector, Ms. Carol Mundy amassed this collection of monographs, manuscripts, sheet music, pamphlets, journals, newspapers, broadsides, posters, photographs, and rare ephemera focusing on the African American history. While the collection is comprehensive both nationally and internationally, it also contains materials that pertain to the African American experience in central Florida.
This collection personal papers, newspaper clippings, and personal papers from various authors and representatives influencing Cuban policy, including Florida Representative Mary Ann MacKenzie. Additionally, there are personal documents by Agustin Villegas, such as resumes, copy of diplomas, certificates of education, and select documents incorporating religion and communism, such as selected writings by Karl Marx.
This collection consists of brochures and general information on various artists from Latin America and the Caribbean Islands donated by the Florida International University Art Museum from Miami Herald art critic Leslie Judd Ahlander. This includes Cuban artist Felippe Abbreu and Argentinean artist Marta Minujin. The area of these artists include Cuba, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Jamaica.
This collection relates to Charles Aiken who served in the U.S. Army Air Corps in the European Theater of Operation during World War Two. This collection contains a newspaper clipping and an oral history transcript.
Al Turner was the founder, president, and chief executive officer of the World Waterpark Association (WWA) until his death in 2001. During his time as president of WWA he kept slides, photographs, brochures, and documents about the various waterparks that his company worked with worldwide. This collection contains the materials that Al Turner collected.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 933
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 660
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 362
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries 166
- UCF Special Collections 126
- Florida International University 90
- UCF University Archives 85
- UNF Library Special Collections and University Archives 68
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 27
- Florida Gulf Coast University Special Collections 21
- Florida Gulf Coast University Archives 9
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John A. Degen Resource Room at FSU 1
- Broward College Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 527
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 336
- World War, 1939-1945 315
- Correspondence 157
- Photographs 151
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 117
- Manuscripts 114
- Programs 101
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 92
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- Florida Atlantic University -- History 86
- University Archives 85
- University of Central Florida 82
- Pamphlets 80
- Florida Technological University 72
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida 72
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 71
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60 ∧ less
- English 2486
- Undetermined 53
- French 6
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 2
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Sumerian 1 ∧ less
- Florida State College for Women 141
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 75
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- University of West Florida 39
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 28
- University of Florida 24
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 22
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- F Club 19
- Collins, LeRoy 18
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 17 ∧ less