Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
These materials are 92 Spanish plays from the 19th and early 20th century. The plays are written in Spanish and contain a variey of genres spanning from opera to drama to comedy.
Spanish manuscript, 4 pp., folio, official copy of a decree by King Philip V of Spain, executed at Madrid on June 20, 1713. Incompletely translated, indicates that Fernando Gomez de la Escalera, Captain General of the City of Havana and Island of Cuba has advised that an officer has been appointed to the task of overseeing the military situation in Mobile (Movila), and it is ordered that the military post there be provided with all needed arms and equpment.
Four printed and manuscript documents from colonial Peru, documenting financial transactions and an excommunication in Lima.
Content is in Spanish, and English translations are available for Items 1, 2, and 3.
This collection was formerly titled "Peruvian Manuscripts."
- Language: Spanish; Castilian X
- Florida International University 2
- UCF Special Collections 1
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 1
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 1
- Authors, Cuban 1
- Authors, Cuban--20th century 1
- Church records and registers. 1
- Comedy 1
- Cubans 1
- Drama 1
- Drama 19th century 1
- Drama 20th century 1
- Financial Records 1
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 1
- Havana (Cuba) -- Newspapers. 1
- Latin American literature 1
- Mobile (Ala.)--History--1713 1
- Opera 1
- Pensacola (Fla.)--French Occupation 1
- Peru 1
- Poets, Cuban 1
- Sarduy, Severo 1 ∧ less
- Coll, Gaspar Fernando, 1826-1855 1
- Olona, Luis, 1823-1863 1
- Sarduy, Mercedes 1
- Vega, Ricardo de la, 1839-1910 1
- Vega, Ventura de la, 1807-1865 1