Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 39
Minutes, reports and other materials of the Academic Council 1971-1988, including such topics as academic policies, undergraduate and graduate programs, enrollments, grade point averages and related academic subjects. The Academic Council was merged with the Faculty Senate, June 1988.
Records comprising the Action Research Projects produced by students in the Master's Program.
Records, 1968-1979, including correspondence, photographs, publications, and materials concerning alumni chapters, fund raising, ahtletics, commencement, Christmas, workshops, and alumni special events such as Springcoming, the inauguration of President Robinson (1975), tours, mascots, alma mater song contests, and award programs.
Budget records, 1965- , including legislative budget requests, operating budgets, capital budgets, and related materials.
Records, 1974- ,including minutes, reports, bylaws, surveys, correspondence, and committee files. Topics include awards, annual events (Halloween and Christmas parties), personnel policies, flextime, working conditions, and related issues.
OTHER INFORMATION: Founded as Employee Relations Committee, 1974-1975, became Career Service Council (April 1975-1986), the University Support Personnel System (USPS) Staff Council (1986-1987), and the UWF Staff Council (1987- ).
Records, 1978- , including correspondence, annual reports, minutes of Chairperson's Meetings, and the College of Arts and Science Council, the forum series, and related records.
Records, 1967-1975, including correspondence and files concerning the history and development of the Department, and related materials.
Other information: Indirectly, this collection provides an excellent overview of the development of the university during its first five years, reflected through its files of other Univresity departments.
Records of the Facilities Planning Committee, 1974- , including minutes, agendas, reports, and related working papers. This Committee reports to the Vice President for Administrative Affairs on matters concerning campus buildings, construction, and physical environment.
Newspaper clipping files of the Office of Information Services, 1969- , concerning the University of West Florida. Arranged by subject, department, and organizations.
Records, 1967- , including annual reports, correspondence, and other materials concerning donations, history of the department, the Friends of the Library and related materials.
Records, 1968-1999, of the Library Staff Association, an organization within the John C. Pace Library, created to sponsor staff activities, socials, student appreciation events, and employee services. Records include bylaws, correspondence, membership files, committee records, and photographs.
Records, 1970-1981, consisting of materials pertaining to visiting artists, musical groups, and symphony orchestras in the Music Hall Artists Series and the West Florida Music Festival. Includes clipping files for Music Department activities, 1968-1970, and Florida League of the Arts files, 1970-1972.
Records, 1993-1994, consisting of reading files of the Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of West Florida. Reading files are outgoing memoranda, correspondence, and copies of other written communications arranged chronologically, representing all aspects of academic administration at the University of West Florida. Key writers include Douglas Friedrich and Carl Backman.
Audiotapes of an Oral History Project conducted by UWF faculty member Dr. Thomas Gilliam on the early formation and creation of the University of West Florida. Narrators include Phillip D. Beall, Warren Briggs, Harold Crosby, Jack Fiveash, Elizabeth Hawes, J. B. Hopkins, and Gordon Wells.
Records, 1964- , including minutes, agendas, reports, budgets, and other working papers of the Board and its state universities. Subjects concern educational budgets, policies, govrnance, academic policies and planning, and related educational concerns.
Minutes, reports, agendas, and other working papers of the Council of Presidents of the Board of Regents, State of Florida, 1964- . Subjects include budgets, capital funds and buildings, academic policies, and other university administrative concerns.
Collection of the Panhandler, a literary magazine published by the UWF English Department, 1976-present.
NOTE: The Panhandler is also in the Rare Book Collection,
RBR PN 2 P36 and goes through Number 36, 2002. It is continued by The Bayou Number 38-39, 2002; Number 40-41, 2003; Number42-43, 2004.
There is also the Panhandler Chapbook Series that was published every Spring, Number 1-6, 1988-1993.
- Names: University of West Florida X
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola. 17
- Minutes--Florida--Pensacola. 6
- Reports--Florida--Pensacola. 6
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola--Finance. 6
- Academic libraries--Florida--Pensacola. 3
- Libraries--Florida--Pensacola--Special Collections. 3
- Photographs--Florida--Pensacola. 3
- Agendas--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Annual Reports--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- College sports--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Financial statements--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Histories--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Library administration--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Library buildings--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Reports--Florida. 2
- Universities and colleges--Accreditation--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Panama City. 2
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Planning. 2
- Aeronautics--Study and teaching--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Aerospace engineering--Florida--Pensacola. 1 ∧ less
- University of West Florida--Administration. 5
- University of West Florida--Libraries. 5
- University of West Florida. 4
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928- . 3
- John C. Pace Library. 3
- John C. Pace Library. Special Collections Dept. 3
- University of West Florida--Faculty. 3
- University of West Florida--Provost. 3
- University of West Florida--Sports. 3
- College of William and Mary. 2
- Crosby, Harold Bryan, 1918- 2
- Friedrich, Douglas. 2
- Griffith, Odell. 2
- Maxon, Lois, 1910-1982. 2
- Robinson, James Arthur, 1932- --Inauguration, 1975. 2
- Servies, James Albert. 2
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. 2
- University of West Florida--Accreditation. 2
- University of West Florida--Buildings. 2 ∧ less