Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 2546
Immigration and naturalization documents for circus performers, postcards, circus posters and broadsides, clothing, stilts, and related materials documenting circus performances.
This collection relates to Lawrence Burzynski, who enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1939 and was discharged in 1946 with the rank of Chief Electricians Mate. This collection contains a compilation of entries from Burzynski's diary during his seven years in the Navy. The diary provides an account of nearly every facet of U.S. Navy life during WWII and provides testimony on key moments of the war, including the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
Clippings from Florida Clipping Service and unmarked clippings (some no source noted) concerning Farris Bryant's campaign as Democratic candidate for Governor of Florida and the campaigns of other Florida Democratic candidates.
Date Range: August 31, 1960 - November 8, 1960.
C. McDonald Campbell was a Florida College for Women student, class of 1935. The items in the collection relate to her 50 year reunion in 1985. (See box list.)
This collection contains the personal papers and memorabillia of Clifford Robert Cain (United States Navy's, Aviation Radioman First Class, Chief Petty Officer Electronicsman) including his aviator's log book, discharge papers, certificate of training completion, financial records, identification card, leatherbound service record case, and various documents from the Veteran's Administration. Cain served at Lakehurst Naval Air Station. He supported the Blimp-Zeppelin program.
The Cal and Mary Jane Koesy Collection consists of personal photographs related to the couple's student experiences at Florida State College for Women and Florida State University from 1944-1952.
1 folder of California Poetry in the Schools (CPIT) Newsletters, 1 folder of correspondence related to orders of CPIT poetry anthologies with lists of items purchased for the Shaw Collection.
Note to researchers: This collection is in process, and portions remain unavailable to researchers at this time. Please contact FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives for more information.
The Calista Louise Bliler collection consists of official military papers and personal photographs, letters, and notes of the first woman to become an officer from the U.S. Naval Air Station in Dallas, TX.
The Calvin Patterson Research Collection contains digitized items such as articles, correspondence, and documents related to events and scholarships in memory of Calvin Patterson compiled by alumnus Tommy Warren.
Educational diplomas, 1899-1933, of Christian C. McDonald and Christian McDonald Campbell for attendance at Palmer College, at Florida State Normal School, and the Okaloosa County public schools in DeFuniak Springs, Florida.
NOTE: Florida State Normal Schol moved to Tallahassee and became Florida State College for Women. Today, it is known as Florida State University.
This collection consists of materials related to the Doak S. Campbell Stadium at Florida State University. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence and deposit records concerning financing of the stadium. There is also a ledger book and lists of stadium certificate holders which were purchased to finance the stadium.
The photographs in this collection document the daily activities in various departments on campus in August 1967. They show the operations aspect of the university by showing the activities in departments such as Utilities and Administrations. On the manila envelope received from Ms. Elfriede Lynch, there was a typed notation indicating that the Public Relations Office requested the photographs to update the "photo file" and for the "Boca Supplement."
The Canter Brown History of the Florida Supreme Court Collection contains news and correspondence, and research materials for Brown's publications about the history of the Florida Supreme Court.
Records and papers, 1948-2003, including correspondence, bylaws, financial statements, minutes, and chapter newsletters. Topics include Cantonment Little Major League and Ephemeral Hospital.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 932
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 660
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 360
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries 166
- UCF Special Collections 126
- Florida International University 90
- UCF University Archives 85
- UNF Library Special Collections and University Archives 68
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 25
- Florida Gulf Coast University Special Collections 19
- Florida Gulf Coast University Archives 9
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John A. Degen Resource Room at FSU 1
- Broward College Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 527
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 336
- World War, 1939-1945 315
- Correspondence 157
- Photographs 151
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 117
- Manuscripts 114
- Programs 101
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 92
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- Florida Atlantic University -- History 86
- University Archives 85
- University of Central Florida 82
- Pamphlets 80
- Florida Technological University 72
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida 72
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 71
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60 ∧ less
- English 2479
- Undetermined 53
- French 5
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Florida State College for Women 141
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 75
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- University of West Florida 39
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 28
- University of Florida 24
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 22
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- F Club 19
- Collins, LeRoy 18
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 17 ∧ less