Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 2549
Assorted genealogical papers related to former Seminary West of the Suwannee, Florida State College and Florida Female College President (1897-1909), Albert A. Murphree. Includes some copies of photographs.
The Gilchrist Papers are comprised of the official papers of Albert Waller Gilchrist, 20th Governor of Florida, as well as newspaper articles, military and state official documents, items pertaining to the naming of Gilchrist County, materials regarding educational institutions including Carolina Military Institute and West Point, personal correspondence, genealogical research, and papers pertaining to Gilchrist's estate and will.
Also known as MSS 0-125.
46 original drawings used as illustrations for Sea of Cortez by John Steinbeck and Edward Ricketts, 1941.
This collection contains composed works of Cuban-American musical conductor and musician Alberto Bolet. Additionally, the archive includes an original typewriter belonging to him, posters from various performances, photographs of him as well as performances, and personal correspondences.
The Albin Polasek Collection includes materials on the life and work of Czech sculptor and Winter Park resident Albin Polasek. The Collection consists of scrapbooks, correspondence, business records, certificates, speeches, photographs, pamphlets, programs, invitations, newspaper clippings, and related papers.
This collection consists of an oral history interview transcript of Aldo Busot, who lived in Cuba during World War II.
Alec Rackowe manuscripts for "The Slope of Love," "Summertime," and "Take Me to Hollywood." Also included in the collection are several letters from Rackowe's editor at The American Magazine.
Alice Lossing Rountree Collection of Seminole County School District No. 1 Board of Trustees Minutes
The collection contains the Meeting Minutes of Seminole County School District No. 1 Board of Trustees from 1948 to 1950 and 1953. The Minutes, recorded by secretary Alice Rountree, detail the decisions made by Board of Trustees ranging from maintenance of the schools within the district to the appointment of principals. This includes segregated schools in the district during the Jim Crow Era.
Personal items of Florida State College for Women student Alice Nicholson (BS, Education, 1927). Items include photographs and a painting from her years at FSCW, as well as later Florida and LeRoy Collins related memorabilia. (See box list.)
Includes small press and alternative publications, with a focus on content related to everyday experiences and societal norms. Publishers include Alternative Comics, Fantagraphics Books, Slave Labor Graphics, Vertigo Comics, and independently produced zines, as well as Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Image Comics, Oni Press, and Marvel Comics.
Local histories, genealogical research, printed agendas, and notes regarding the Thomas Armstrong Caldecott family.
Note to researchers: This collection is in process, and portions remain unavailable to researchers at this time. Please contact FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives for more information.
This collection relates to Allen Jere Tillery who served with the United States Marine Corps in the 22nd Marine Regiment, 6th Marine Division, in the Pacific Theater at the battles for Kwajalein, Eniwetok, Guam, and Tinian. This collection includes a published memoir of Tillery's time in service: Well and Smartly Done: a remembrance of war 1943-1945.
Saul Alpern's oral history transcript describes in detail his experiences growing up in Romania before World War II, the beginning of the war, listening to Adolf Hitler on the radio, life in labor camps, forced marches, hiding during the war, anti-Semitism, liberation, Zionist youth organizations, and his memoir.
Records and papers, 1953-1983, of the Pensacola Altrusa Club including correspondence, publications, minutes, newsletters, and other materials including a history of the Club by Maude Hollowell. Includes records concerning the local club, the clubs in Districts 3 and 4, and materials concerning the Altrusa International, including annual reports and publications. [4,608 pieces]
The collection contains artifacts and documents related to F Club and its members from 1922 until the 2001 reunion.
The items in the collection include programs, photographs, and other memorabilia and ephemera related to the Flying High Circus. (See box list.)
The collection includes programs and other memorabilia and ephemera related to football games.
The collection contains photographs related to Florida State College for Women and Florida State University.
The collection contains records relating to the Florida State University Alumni Association and its members.
The collection of Alvin Dinsmore White consists of three letters and a V-mail written by Army officer Jim White of the 42nd "Rainbow" Infantry Division during World War II. Also, in the collection is a news article and email describing his two other family members' actions during the war. Fort Benning, Georgia, and Rotenberg, Austria are the two discernible locations where Jim wrote his letters.
This collection includes miscellaneous materials collected from numerous sources by Michael Amdahl, a Refuse Transfer Center worker who collected and donated found materials over the course of many years. Included in this collection are a variety of graphic materials, letters, documents, magazines, and a book on the 13th Air Force. Also included are photographs depicting war-torn cities, soldier life, sea and air vessels, and scenery from around Europe.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 933
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 660
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 360
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries 166
- UCF Special Collections 126
- Florida International University 90
- UCF University Archives 85
- UNF Library Special Collections and University Archives 68
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 25
- Florida Gulf Coast University Special Collections 21
- Florida Gulf Coast University Archives 9
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John A. Degen Resource Room at FSU 1
- Broward College Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 527
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 336
- World War, 1939-1945 315
- Correspondence 157
- Photographs 151
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 117
- Manuscripts 114
- Programs 101
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 92
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- Florida Atlantic University -- History 86
- University Archives 85
- University of Central Florida 82
- Pamphlets 80
- Florida Technological University 72
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida 72
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 71
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60 ∧ less
- English 2482
- Undetermined 53
- French 5
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Florida State College for Women 141
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 75
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- University of West Florida 39
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 28
- University of Florida 24
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 22
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- F Club 19
- Collins, LeRoy 18
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 17 ∧ less