Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 2553
This collection contains letters, documents, poetry, and photographs related to the military service of Jason M. Austin who served with the U.S. Marine Corps in World War II in the Pacific Campaign and the Korean War. The collection includes documentation regarding the overseas service of Austin with the African American Marines who were part of the First and Fourth Marine Depot based in the Russell Islands.
This collection relates to ornithologist Oliver Luther Austin and includes 3 boxes of colored photographic slides most of which were taken in various locations around Japan. The majority of slides depict Japanese buildings, cultural events, and everyday life. In addition, there is a oral history from Anthony Austin, Oliver Luther Austin's son detailing his experiences living in Japan during the U.S. occupation.
Autographed pamphlet in the shape of his Stradivarius violin, signed by Rubinoff, noted violinist, and inscribed to Dr. Campbell. The front and back covers have photographs of Rubinoff's violin. There are four leaves including the covers, and there is text and a photo of Rubinoff playing his violin in addition to the signature and inscription.
Photostats of the Civil War letters by B.F. Hammond written during 1863 and 1864 from various camps in Virginia to members of his family in South Carolina. All letters were written on battlefields and contain vivid descriptions of "the bloody struggle." Also known as MSS 0-135.
The Badia Family WWII Letters Collections contains over 500 letters and associated pieces of ephemera relating to correspondence between Danny Badia and Leona De Nardo between the years 1941 and 1947. Primarily relating to WWII, these letters offer a glimpse into civilian and military life in the United States during the war years.
This collection contains Japanese World War II ephemera such as paper money, Japanese propaganda scrapbooks, a book of fundamental Japanese, a bond from a Japanese bank, and a company document on Japanese paper.
Materials concerning the history and development of Baker-Holt School in Okaloosa County, including publications, grant applications, evaluations, and related materials.
1st Lieutenant Irvin Baker's unpublished manuscript describes his experiences as a platoon leader with the 4th Marine Division and 10th Amtrac Battalion of the United States Marine Corps. He led his platoon through the Battle of Iwo Jima.
Family papers, 1863-1925, relating to the Baker family of Jackson County, Florida and the William H. Watson family of Pensacola, Florida. Includes land deeds, conveyances, tax receipts, family letters, lineage chart and photographs. Principal correspondents include James L.G. Baker, James L. Baker, Mary Jane Daffin, James S. Baker, William H. Watson, Jr., James B. Watson and Mrs. Elizabeth Dickinson.
This collection relates to Nicholas Baldino who served in the U.S. Army Air Corps with the 5th and 11th Bomb Groups in the Pacific Theatre and his wife Jeanne Baldino. This collection contains an oral history transcript detailing Nicholas Baldino's military service and how Jeanne met Nicholas Baldino.
This collection relates to Mark C. Bane Jr. who joined the National Guard in May 1941. He later volunteered for the 501st Parachute Battalion and was sent to Montgomery, Alabama to train at the Maxwell Air Force Base. While at Maxwell Air Force Base, he trained British cadets under the Arnold Plan. In late 1945, Bane traveled overseas with General Douglas MacArthur. The collection consists of an oral history transcript.
The three page letter, signed by E.G. Booth, secretary to D.S. Kennedy, Esq. of New York, gives a list of drafts drawn on several individuals and then the details of a bill of lading covering 41 bales of cotton, all being sent for discount. The postscript refers to the financial difficulties then existing in Florida banking circles.
Minutes, reports and working papers of the Institutional Review Board of Baptist Hospital, 1982- . The committee reviews proposed research that involves human subjects including the use of new technology, lasers, and methodology.
Items include three photographs, FSU Artist Series programs, and other assorted documents, publications and ephemera relating to Barbara Boling Anderson's college life at Florida State College for Women and Florida State University, from 1947-1950.
This collections consists of World War II personal letters to family, primarily her mother, from Barbara Gier who served as a U.S. Army Nurse in France. Several letters provide vivid descriptions of the English and French countrysides.
Letters and research materials of Barbara McCrimmon, Florida State University alumna, mainly concerning her time spent drafting the biography of Dr. Richard Garnett.
Scrapbook of the Administration of the Official War Ballot in the Office of Secretary of State. A project done by Barbara Morrison, 'intern' in the Office of the Secretary of State. Subject is World War II absentee war ballots. It documents the administration of Public Law 712 (Federal) which provides for absentee voting by service personnel serving away from place of residence.
This collection contains original manuscripts with editorial notes notes (including those pertaining to chapters), drafts, research, promotions of her works,photographs and personal comments to several of her novels, including Suspicion of Guilt, Criminal Justice, Blood Relations, Suspicion of Deceit, Suspicion of Innocence, and Suspicion of Betrayal. Additionally, this collection contains select unabridged audiobooks to Suspicion of Guilt and Suspicion of Betrayal.
The collection contains awards, photographs, printed material, and realia. Items span the years 1920-2009, with the majority of the materials concentrated in 1970-96.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 933
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 660
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 362
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries 166
- UCF Special Collections 126
- Florida International University 90
- UCF University Archives 85
- UNF Library Special Collections and University Archives 68
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 27
- Florida Gulf Coast University Special Collections 21
- Florida Gulf Coast University Archives 9
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John A. Degen Resource Room at FSU 1
- Broward College Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 527
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 336
- World War, 1939-1945 315
- Correspondence 157
- Photographs 151
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 117
- Manuscripts 114
- Programs 101
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 92
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- Florida Atlantic University -- History 86
- University Archives 85
- University of Central Florida 82
- Pamphlets 80
- Florida Technological University 72
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida 72
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 71
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60 ∧ less
- English 2486
- Undetermined 53
- French 6
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 2
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Sumerian 1 ∧ less
- Florida State College for Women 141
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 75
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- University of West Florida 39
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 28
- University of Florida 24
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 22
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- F Club 19
- Collins, LeRoy 18
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 17 ∧ less