Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 2546
This collection relates to Henry Fremont Blake who served in the United States Navy in the Pacific Theater as a Store Keeper 2nd Class during World War II aboard the U.S.S. Tyrrell (AKA-80). The collection includes personal items and artifacts.
This collection includes the proceedings of the annual Blue Ridge Institute, presentations that were not part of the proceedings but were presented at the Institute, programs, invitations, invitation lists, correspondence, background material, photographs and various related materials, including audio tapes and video tapes.
Cecil Blumenstein (served 1943-1945) discusses his experiences in the 13th Armored Division in Germany in the winter and spring of 1945. Blumenstein was captured and spent a brief period of time in a POW camp before being liberated and sent back to the front. He fought in several engagements. This collection consists of an interview transcript.
This collection relates to Harold G. Blunk served as Sergeant Major for the 5th Air Depot Group, 39th Station Composite Squadron, Administrative Division, 35th Depot Repair, in the 8th Air Force Command Station in England from 1943-1945. This collection contains photographs, a newspaper clipping, and documents relating to his personal life and military career.
Typescript letter, dated June 17, 1981, signed by Bob Graham in which he thanks Mrs. Opal M. Free of the FSU Library for gathering materials for a 2nd Annual history dinner.
Also known as MSS 0-303.
The Bob Kealing Kerouac Research Collection contains documents and research notes related to Kealing's book Kerouac in Florida: Where the Road Ends, book drafts, legal documents, articles written by Kealing, articles related to the Kerouac House, and other materials regarding the Writer in Residence Program.
The Bob Kealing Tupperware Collection contains interviews, news clippings, letters, legal documents, photographs, audio tapes, and research notes related to Kealing's book Tupperware, Unsealed: Brownie Wise, Earl Tupper, and the Home Party Pioneers. The book may be found in the Online Catalog.
Typed autobiographical sketch of Bob Taggart, addressed to "My Dear Jerry." Contains reminiscences of Florida during the 1920s and his acquaintance with Jerry Willams Carter. Letter also covers his life in Texas as a boy and his many adventures throughout his varied careers as a telegraph operator, sailor, soldier, farmer and salesman. Taggart also goes in depth about his experiences serving in both World Wars. 61 pages.
The collection features the air base plans of Boca Raton Army Air Field. The plans indicate base buildings, layouts, training areas, and ecological areas.
The Book Arts Ephemera Collection is comprised of various materials related to the book arts community. Items from publishers, art exhibits, and persons involved with book arts are included.
Personal papers, 1966-1969, of Dicy Villar Bowman, Pensacola, Florida, as a member of the State Courses of Study Committee, Florida Department of Education. Papers include minutes, reports, and materials concerning textbook selection for state schools. Collection includes digital copy of her book, The Five Daughters of Manuel Gonzalez (1985).
Photographic Collection of Brandi Chastain FAU Athletic Department Event.
Collection includes papers, articles, research and personal correspondence by Brian Peterson, professor of history at Florida International University.
This collection contains a transcript of an interview with Raymond F. Bricker conducted by David Gregory on April 17, 1999. It details his time in the U.S. Army from 1941 through 1945. Raymond F. Bricker served with the 82nd Airborne Division during World War II.
British East, West and Territorial Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Mississippi Miscellaneous documents, letters, etc.
This collection relates to Margaret Brockett, who remained on the homefront in a domestic role as a mother of twin boys, Ronald and Donald Brockett, during World War II. The collection contains a variety of memorabilia that Margaret kept during her time of the war, such as cookbooks, children's drawings, and more. The collection provides insight into the ways that the United States functioned during the war.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 932
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 660
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 360
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries 166
- UCF Special Collections 126
- Florida International University 90
- UCF University Archives 85
- UNF Library Special Collections and University Archives 68
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 25
- Florida Gulf Coast University Special Collections 19
- Florida Gulf Coast University Archives 9
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John A. Degen Resource Room at FSU 1
- Broward College Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 527
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 336
- World War, 1939-1945 315
- Correspondence 157
- Photographs 151
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 117
- Manuscripts 114
- Programs 101
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 92
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- Florida Atlantic University -- History 86
- University Archives 85
- University of Central Florida 82
- Pamphlets 80
- Florida Technological University 72
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida 72
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 71
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60 ∧ less
- English 2479
- Undetermined 53
- French 5
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Florida State College for Women 141
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 75
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- University of West Florida 39
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 28
- University of Florida 24
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 22
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- F Club 19
- Collins, LeRoy 18
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 17 ∧ less