Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 2535
Personal papers, 1919-1972, including letters, newspaper clippings, financial and income tax records, and other papers concerning his interests in the Bayside Tourist Park, Bay View Trailer Park, Dead Lakes Fishing Camp, the Santa Villa subdivision, and the Browder Fixture Company in St. Louis, Missouri.
This collection relates to Alvin H. Brown who served as a B-17 pilot assigned to the 8th Air Force, 95th Bomber Group flying missions over France and Germany from England ending in the summer of 1945. The collection includes an audio tape recording interview and accompanying transcript.
This collection includes an oral history interview transcript of a homefront worker during WWII. She served in a camouflage factory. She describes her experiences surviving the Great Depression, learning of Pearl Harbor, and hearing stories about relatives' military service. This collection also contains a personal photograph.
Eugene S. Brown served as a member of the 78th Infantry Division in the European Theater during World War II. He served from 1943-1946. His unit arrived in France in November of 1944. He performed duties as a runner and a jeep driver for his unit. This collection contains a transcript from an interview conducted June 7, 2000.
This collection relates to Melvin Brown who served in the U.S. Army from 1941 to 1945 in the European Theatre. This collection contains an oral history transcript detailing his service and life after the war.
This collection relates to Technical Sergeant Milton Charles Brown who served in the U.S. Army with the 893rd Tank Destroyer Battalion as an Operations Noncommissioned Officer during World War II. Brown served in the European Theater of Operations. The collection includes Brown's military personnel documents and photographs.
The collection relates to Darius Browning who served as a Private First Class in the U.S. Army with the 233rd Ordnance Company (Bomb Disposal) in Panama during World War II. This collection includes dog tags, service ribbon, and copies of discharge for Darius Browning. Several publications make up the collection along with "His Service Record" that encourage a servicemen/women to record significant experiences.
Parent-Teachers Association records, 1938-1975, including scrapbooks, photographs, minutes of meetings, publications, yearbooks, correspondence and financial records.
These PTA records provide both a history of the organization as well as the Brownsville School, its staff, students, and activities.
This collection contains one published Arma Corporation, Brooklyn, NY color lithograph World War II paper war bond cover.
Eight-millimeter films documenting the travels of the Means family through North America and Europe.
Online Copies Available
Oral history interview of Lola Lee Daniell Bruington, of Pensacola, by Sandra F. Whitehead with tapes and typed transcripts. Mrs. Bruington discusses area cemeteries, (especially St. Michaels), the red light district, bootlegging, her work as educator and nurse at Camp Dix, Bellevue Hospital, and at Vassar, and her childhood and life in Pensacola.
Patients' medical records and other papers of Dr. Herbert Lee Bryans (1889-1961) of Pensacola, Fla.
This collection represents a sample of British Parliamentary Acts regarding the British West Indies.
This collection of tourism brochures, pamphlets, maps and newspaper clippings documents the islands of the West Indies. The collection encompasses the Greater and Lesser Antilles, as well as the islands and nations of South America, and includes Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Surinam.
The Bryant West Indies Slides Collection, Ccirca 1940-1981, contains 35mm slides of various islands in the Caribbean as well as Florida and Venezuela. The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. They are organized by geographical location. The content of the slides vary and include landscapes, religion, houses, people and everyday life.
The collection consists of the personal and business correspondence of Bucky Family members and other correspondents from 1893-1915. Most of the letters are incoming correspondence from business associates, close family members, relatives and friends to Jacob (Jake) D. Bucky. Numerous letters from 1893-1895 are written on the "L. Bucki and Son" letterhead stationery.
Photographic copy of manuscript circular letter by A.E. Mansfield, vice president, Fourth Division, United States Railway Mail Service Mutual Benefit Association (U.S.R.M.S.M.B.A.), Charleston, S.C., June 1, 1884, to members of the Fourth Division.
Personal papers consisting of photocopies of genealogical information and photographs of family members. Included are the Burke, Clifford, Fell, Mooney, and Pinney families, with additional materials on Thomas J. White, Joseph L. White, Carl Timothy Hoffman, and Robert Fell, a carpenter in the U.S. Navy from 1803 to 1820.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 929
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 660
- UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center 359
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries 165
- UCF Special Collections 122
- Florida International University 90
- UCF University Archives 85
- UNF Library Special Collections and University Archives 68
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 25
- Florida Gulf Coast University Special Collections 18
- Florida Gulf Coast University Archives 8
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John A. Degen Resource Room at FSU 1
- Broward College Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 527
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 336
- World War, 1939-1945 314
- Correspondence 157
- Photographs 150
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 117
- Manuscripts 114
- Programs 101
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 92
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- Florida Atlantic University -- History 86
- University Archives 85
- University of Central Florida 82
- Pamphlets 80
- Florida Technological University 72
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida 72
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 71
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60 ∧ less
- English 2471
- Undetermined 51
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- French 3
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Florida State College for Women 141
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 75
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- University of West Florida 39
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 28
- University of Florida 24
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 22
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- F Club 19
- Collins, LeRoy 18
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 17 ∧ less